Hospital Pest Control Services In Jackson MS
Hospitals and healthcare facilities in the Jackson, MS area are designed to be places of health and healing. Pests in a setting such as this one are unacceptable as they transmit diseases and give an overall sense of dirtiness to those who are on the road to recovery. However, the problem is that medical facilities have all of the ingredients needed for different kinds of pests to thrive: from food and warmth to shelter and a steady supply of human beings who are able to bring them into the facility. Considering that healthcare facilities are inhabited by individuals with sensitive health, pest control techniques in hospitals, nursing homes, and other medical facilities must primarily rely on non-chemical technologies with minimal use of pesticides.
If you happen to be in charge of a range of different healthcare facilities, keep in mind that Magnolia Exterminating can always incorporate a number of healthcare facilities into one single service agreement. In this way, you’ll have access to an account manager who will be able to coordinate service delivery. In other words, each facility will be serviced by a local team while you will be cutting your workload!
When exterminating pests in healthcare facilities, we look for current pest problems as well as conditions that might favor a pest infestation in the future. Our skilled and professional pest technicians look for the following:
- Areas that are dirty or in need of sanitation attention
- Food items that are improperly stored or spilled
- Dumpsters that are damaged or overflowing
- Areas that are constantly filled with moisture or where water is leaking
- Broken or damaged windows or entry points
In order to determine the extent of your healthcare facility’s pest problem, we employ a range of techniques to help us fully inspect it. For instance, we use a range of monitoring devices and non-toxic traps that provide us with an early warning as well as an indication of where the pests are coming from.
Safe And Efficient Hospital Pest Control
Just like all of our other pest control services, our hospital pest control plans primarily emphasize non-chemical strategies. It is our aim to never apply pesticides unless it is absolutely necessary. As a result, most of our routine visits are pesticide-free.
If you are interested in what some of our non-chemical control measures consist of, we usually apply a combination of the following techniques:
- Detailed inspection and identification of potential problem areas
- Sealing off potential pest entry points as well as harbourage areas (i.e. pest exclusion)
- Dealing with moisture problems such as leaky faucets, clogged drains, and leaky pipes
- Caulking of cracks in the kitchen as well as other areas where food is located
- Installing different types of traps such as light traps, mechanical rodent traps, and pheromone traps
- Installing air curtains at entrances and exits to prevent pest entry, if applicable.
Once we have conducted a detailed examination of your pest problem, we will do everything we can to correct the cause of these issues or notify the relevant maintenance facilities that are in charge of addressing them. In any case, we are committed to reporting our analysis and estimate of your problem so that you are aware of the state of your hospital facility at all times.